One of the most popular types of mattresses today is the memory foam and this does not come as a surprise anymore because people really love its features and the innovations it has introduced.
If you are one of those who are still not familiar with this mattress type, then you have come to the right place because today, we will be discussing the top benefits of using memory foam.
But before we do that, let us first list some interesting facts about it:
- For many years now, it has been head to head with spring beds in terms of popularity.
- It was first developed for NASA. It was initially produced to help cushion and counteract the effects of gravitational pull when in space.
- A couple of years after it was first produced, it was then introduced for medical and public use, and as the saying goes, the rest is history.
- Today, it is one of the top choices of consumers garnering a lot of good reviews.
Now that you know a little more about memory foam, it is time to tackle why people love it.
- Since it has been introduced to the medical field, it was discovered that it is awesome in providing pressure relief. Memory foam is actually used to cushion and protect individuals who are in the intensive care unit. Basically, it can help in preventing the development of pressure points. The reason behind this is that the memory foam has the ability to adjust to the shape of your body.
- Experts prefer memory foam because it can support the spine very well. This becomes possible because it has the ability to evenly support the body, hence, distributing the weight properly. Because of this your neck and back will not be getting all the pressure.
- Just like what we have mentioned, it can relieve and prevent pain. In fact, in one study, switching to memory foam mattress helped the participants of the research to relieve their back pain. This is also the reason why this is the recommended type for those with arthritis.
- It is ideal no matter what your normal sleeping position is. It does not matter if you love sleeping on your back, stomach or side, memory foam will adjust for you and not the other way around.
- Couples enjoy memory foam mattress because it absorbs motion. This just means that even if you have another person sleeping with you, you will not disturb him or her when you are tossing and turning during the night if you choose the best mattress for heavy people. Convenient, right?
- Did you know that the innerspring can accumulate up to 10 million dust mites? Yes, you’ve read that correctly! This is because of its structure. The good thing about memory foam is that it does not have the space for the dust mites to live in. The material used for this foam is so dense making it impossible for dust mites to burrow in.
- If you are allergic, then memory foam is great for you since is it hypoallergenic. This is aside from the fact that you also do not have to worry about dust mites as well.
- It is pretty low maintenance. You do not have to flip it monthly. Also, it is very durable and the price is very reasonable as well. Over-all, it is truly a great choice for everyone.
These are just some of the amazing benefits of using memory foam mattress. Don’t forget to check for the recommendation of your doctor if you have a medical condition.